Carmelsoft have been accepted to the Autodesk Cloud Accelerator program from March 14 to 18, 2016 in San Francisco, CA at Autodesk’s 1 Market Street facility. During the Accelerator, we will be working intensively on a specific project to integrate our mobile apps with the Autodesk Forge platform with the help, support and training of the Autodesk Cloud Engineering team. By the end of the week, we hope to have a working
The Autodesk Forge platform is a set of Autodesk Cloud Services, APIs and SDKs for developers to create data, apps, and services that integrate with some of Autodesk’s cloud offerings. The Forge platform includes tools that:
- Visualize: Interactively visualize data, create photo-real renderings and generate 3D models from your apps.
- Collaberate: Application APIs for project and file access. SDKs to extend Autodesk Cloud Services with collaboration workflows.
- Make: Turn designs into physical reality.
- Use: Connect, analyze, control, and manage remote products, things, and assets.
The following is a list of Autodesk’s cloud APIs:
- BIM 360 – Collaborative construction management softwareBIM 360™ construction management software enables almost anytime, anywhere access to project data throughout the building construction lifecycle.
- BIM 360 Glue – BIM ManagementBIM 360™ Field is field management software for 2D and 3D environments that combines mobile technologies at the construction site with cloud-based collaboration and reporting.
- Recap 360 – Reality capture and 3D scanning software Infraworks 360 – Preliminary engineering with data-rich 3D models
- Fusion 360 – A new approach to industrial and mechanical 3D design
- View & Data Cloud Services – Integrated viewing, search and data
- AutoCAD I/O – For developers who want to process DWG files at cloud scale.
We will be taking advantage of the View and Data API. This API allows users to create custom web applications that enable customers to visualize and interact with 2D and 3D design data in a web browser or on a mobile device. The API supports over 60 file formats to bring detailed, high-fidelity visualizations of models. We will be integrating our HVAC ResLoad-J and Equipment Locator apps with the View and Data API so users can view building CAD drawings within these apps so as to easily extract geometric information. We’ll discuss more in future blog posts.